How To Avoid Legal Issues When Buying Or Selling A Home
Your home is the largest purchase most Americans will ever make. When buying or selling a home, you may be unaware of many small but important legal issues.
When such a significant investment is transferred from one party to another, some legal details can become major problems if not handled correctly.
We urge you to educate yourself so you can avoid legal mistakes, including:
- Losing a lot of money
- Too much extra time and hassles
- Possible legal consequences
A FREE report has been specially prepared to help you understand how to avoid costly legal mistakes. You owe it to yourself to read this report NOW to protect your investment when you buy or sell your home BEFORE it’s too late.
Avoid Vague or Unclear Terms in Your Brokerage Agreement
To protect yourself when buying or selling your home, make sure the terms of the brokerage agreement cover all the legal issues on that form.
Some real estate agents often use standard forms, assuming they cover all situations. If information is absent in the agreement, you may be liable to pay a brokerage commission even if a sale does not occur.
Purchase Agreements; the Most Important Document in the Transaction
Many legal questions may need to be addressed in the purchase agreement, such as:
- Can that be done lawfully if the buyer plans to change the property?
- What happens if a buyer has a home inspector inspect the property and termites, asbestos, radon, or lead-based paint is found?
- What if the property is found to contain hazardous waste?
- What are the legal outcomes if the closing does not occur, and what happens to the down payment?
- According to the escrow instructions, will a lawyer hold the down payment in escrow?
- How is the payment to be made?
Before a buyer finances a substantial portion of the purchase price for a home with a lender, the purchase agreement should contain a carefully worded provision for the buyer to obtain a commitment for financing.
Real Estate Agents That Will Help You Avoid Legal Issues
When you choose to work with Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty By Gupta Group, we will give you free home buyer’s resources and guarantees to help you avoid any legal problems.
Fill out the form below for a complete guide on how to avoid legal issues when buying or selling a home in Bay Area.